Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Graph results of common source amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnumX

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, guys. I'm wondering is it the value of resistance R1 and R4 won't affect the output voltage of amplifier ? For original design, R1 and R4 resistance is 1K respectively. For 2nd design, i have changed their value to 500. After that, I have compared the output voltage between them. I found that there is no different between them. Why? Can anyone provide some opinions ? Thank you . Your help is greatly appreciate.

Ps: Attached here is the design circuits and the results of each design.
Ps: I'm using Mentor Graphic to design these circuits.
2nd design result.PNG2nd design.PNGoriginal result.PNGoriginal design.PNG

The resistors have no effect because V3 drives a voltage to the gate node. V3 is also shorting any input signals.

Biasing the gate with a fixed DC voltage is a bad design anyway if you want a linear amplifier.

Thank you so much, sir. It helps me a lot. I will try to improve this design. By the way, can i know is it possible to find out the value of small-signal output resistor, ro and transconductance, gm based on this design circuit ? Got any formula can calculate it ? original design.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back