Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which Wireless Communication Protocol should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizar_Ib

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm not familiar with IoT but I want to make a small project, includes two systems communicating with each other wirelessly, I'm talking about a range of 200-300 meter
Which protocol can I use here? started out from the assumption that I have enough power on the two PCB's.

I think you can use two esp8266 modules . they are cheap, easy to program with the arduino IDEand can reach that distance.

I think you can use two esp8266 modules . they are cheap, easy to program with the arduino IDEand can reach that distance.

So it is WIFI, thanks.
now, what about longer ranges? I heard about GPRS and GSM.. how do they work? are they free to use?

I'm talking about a range of 200-300 meter
Which protocol can I use here?

The issue behind this question was not very clear, as there are several aspects to consider such as safety, speed, reliability, among other items.

I heard about GPRS and GSM.. how do they work? are they free to

The expression Wifi is more commonly used to designate a local network (understood in the initial question), whereas GPRS / GSM protocols are related to telephony operators, for which you will really have spent money to keep the service working. It should also be mentioned that the mechanics where the product will be placed has a deep effect on the range, which in some cases it is recommended to use modules that support the connection of external antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back