Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compatibility of optocoupler voltage ratings between EN61010-1 and other norms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVictorM

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am designing a device that handles high voltages sustainably (600Vrms) and must meet EN61010-1 3rd edition. According to this normative, the optocouplers that separate the hazardous parts from the control stage must warrantee double or reinforced insulation for this voltage.

I am confused about the section 14 of EN61010-1. It states that a part complying with another recognized norm is accepted. Regarding the optocouplers, this leads to think that those complying with IEC60747-5 or VDE0884-10 are accepted.

In these cases, what is the working voltage at which the component is rated for reinforced insulation? Does the norm EN61010-1 accept the value of Viowm? I am confused because I see datasheets with different values of working voltage for each standard.

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back