Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Varition value in different cmos technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbarza

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I would like to know how and where I could get some information about the values of process variation in different technologies such as 180nm , 90nm, etc. In addition, if the information is available in the technology library, which names and symbols do denote these values?
thanks

... how and where I could get some information about the values of process variation in different technologies such as 180nm , 90nm, etc.

From the fabs or foundries which run these processes, or their representative agents (e.g. MOSIS or various universities), respectively. In any case you'd have to register with them and sign an NDA to receive the correspondent PDK.

Make sure that its simulation model files include the associated mismatch and process statistics' parameters, s. e.g. pp. 11..13 of this C@dence Monte Carlo tutorial: View attachment Cadence_Monte_Carlo_simulation_tutorial.pdf

Pls. note: process & mismatch parameters shown there aren't real values from a certain process - they are given as examples only.

In addition, if the information is available in the technology library, which names and symbols do denote these values?

Unfortunately there's no standard. Each foundry uses their own standard names.

You also have to know, and have no way to know, how
well the PDK information corresponds to real fab output.
Often there will be significant "sandbagging" (like you
really want +/- 4 sigma limits laid on you - but it makes
it so the fab guys don't have to scrap anything) and
on the other hand, some fabs have more control slop
than others at the same nominal feature size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back