Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bitcoin Mining IC's or controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all...
I am planning to design my own Bitcoin Mining IC's. i have got SHA-256 Algorithm. but i am not aware of what controller to be used where i can HASH it at maximum speed (Approx 300 G/Hrtz).
can anybody please give me any idea of controller.

Gaurav,

I think a few more details would be required to answer your question

Are you saying that you have a implemented the SHA-256 algorithm in VHDL and are wishing to test on FPGA?

cgminer is one of the controller programs that is widely used, but again it's not clear how far along you are in the development process.

Please expand on your original post and that will determine whether or not I can help you or maybe perhaps if we are lucky you can help me ;)

You'll probably spend more on powering your bitcoin mining hardware than you'll ever earn...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin#Energy_consumption
of course maybe you live in iceland like the picture of a mining farm. If you read up on bitcoin it now takes an incredible amount of compute power to mine even a fraction of a bitcoin.

You can turn a profit with the current Nvidia GTX 1080ti graphics cards.

Now I don't know about you, but I find it very upsetting that gpu's are kicking fpga's butts in this regard.

Also in other news, China is clamping down on bitcoin mining. Therefore a chunk of the computational power is currently down. This dip needs to be replenished. Furthermore, scarcity creates high prices when there is demand.

Unlike lots of rubbish alt coins (which can't be mined - or don't provide anonymity), bitcoin/monero/litecoin etc are solid.

Regardless what peoples opinions on bitcoins are, the human spirit mean mining will continue until the 22M coins are found.

Now like you, I too am interested in knowing how to interface the hashing algorithm to a pool network. It's important, because the hash algorithm needs some brains to tell it what to do, instead of trying to mine in isolation.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back