Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microsemi FPGA, remove clock buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocopa

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm using Microsemi Libero Soc v11.8 to develop VHDL code for an IGLOO nano FPGA.
The problem I have, is that for a certain net the tool automatically adds an input clock buffer and I am not allowed to allocate the net to the pin I want, only to global clock pins.
How can I disable this? In Xilinx there was a constraint "clock_dedicated_route = false", is there something similar in microsemi's tool?
Thank you.

Last edited:

The only reasons it would promote a pin to a clock buffer is if it was heavily loaded or is used as a clock.
You might be able to instantiate a regular input buffer in the code and the global buffer, so it can't promote anything as you've already instantiated the correct primitives you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.