Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EM Simulation for Lange Coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEbaby

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am working on a lange coupler. I ran EM in 3 ways to compare results: Sonnet, ADS momentum and FEM. But the responses are so different for the same Lange Coupler. I am not sure which one to trust.

For example, ADS momentum shows perfect coupling but Sonnet shows no coupling. ADS momentum and Sonnet show good phase response but FEM shows crazy phase response.

Any idea why?

I am not sure which one to trust.

From long experience im EM tool support: The biggest error source in EM simulation is the user. We don't know your models, and how familiar you are with these tools, so how can we know what model is correct?

These massive differences that you report sound like modelling mistakes. To get started, look at current densities and check if they make physical sense.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back