Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is better in ECO flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1caw ex ua6bqg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

Please, tell me, which strategy can be better (in common) for ECO sign-off flow for PrimeTime?

Say, I have some DRC and setup violations, also I have many hold violations. At first, I am trying to fix DRC (max cap, max tran) violations, after that hold violations (using insert_buffer) and then setup violations. Is this a correct way? May be there are some basic recommendations, i.e. "fix setup first, then hold and only then DRC", and this recommendations will lead to better QoR (less inserted buffers, sized_cells etc)?

Where I can read more about ECO strategies?

Thank you!

DRC first before timing, otherwise you may see garbage
then DRV
then setup (before hold)
then hold (last)

the trick is in how you enable DRC vs DRV vs SETUP vs HOLD during placement, CTS, routing opt, signoff.
doing "some" hold fixing after the first placement tends to alleviate the problem later and helps with convergence
leaving "some" margin for setup degradation when hold is signed off also helps
there is no one size fits all formula, just some good practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back