Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the minimum tracks feasible to manufacture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kethness

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pad ring is 2mil, the track between via to via is 9mil.

Is it available to manufacture for commen workshop?

3Z]{)85C`WJB1V7ZOC48_6E.png

Hi,

Ask your manufacturer, or look at it's internet site for design rules.

Klaus

I agree with you, besides these two vias unnecessarily close together, having so much space available, there are significant other flagrant inconsistencies that would not be expected from a usual layout design.

I've asked some manufacuturers, the min tracks they usually can make between via and via is 12mil, and pad ring is 4mil.

but, it's needed for our products requirements. do you know someone who can make such a small tracks?or it's beyound the present production standard?

Thanks Andre, because of products requirements, this small tracks are needed, We will try to get it done

what is the via drill hole size?a a few fab houses are capable of doing 5 mil thruvia

I'm missing a complete design parameter description, in commonly understood terms.

Descriptions like "track between via to via" are at least ambiguous. I think an annotated drawing would be much clearer. Furthermore, drill diameter can't be chosen without considering aspect ratio, in other words specifying the board thickness.

As a general suggestion, contact manufacturers who are qualified for HDI (high density interconnect) PCB, get their design rules.

0.075mm is currently probably the smallest trace width (by the way metric is the std units lest use them, try reading the IPC-7351 stuff, mainly relating to the grid sizes (0.05mm basic), most modern components are metric, as is everything else, lets bring PCB design into the 21st century please.) that can be easily manufactured, often seen now on impedance matched boards, 0.1mm track and gap is pretty common and has been for over a decade with BGA designs.
Via sizes depend on number of layers you are going through, had drilled down to 0.2mm finish.

I was told by some of manufacturer that Min. machenical drill hole: 0.2mm Min. Laser drill hole is usually 0.1mm

That's what others told me, the min. trace width is 3mil.

Hi Kethness,
Common fabrication houses have limited competency to produce 2mil pad ring. Consult with your workshop if they can do it.
Your board cost will increase as you go lower on trace width and gap. Widely used trace width and gap is 6 mils and via pad ring is 10 mils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back