Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Translating Mentor DxDesigner/Expedition SCH files to Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywalker1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to convert the Mentor DxDesigner/Expedition SCH files for a Dev Board to Altium format.

Altium can import DxDesigner / Expedition but this has failed. It appears to be a similar problem to what I have experienced with Orcad import, where a schematic library file was needed in addition to the schematic itself. Import goes ahead but gives blank project.

Two options:
1. If someone with Mentor can load the project and generate the schematic library file (in DxDesigner/Expedition format) for me to try importing that.
2. (Lazy option for me!) If someone who has both Mentor and Altium can convert to Altium. I have Altium 17, so the Altium version is not critical. A quick conversion is VERY acceptable, as long as the components are all there.

The files are attached.

Note:
- Another Edaboard member who helped with the PCB export said the SCH files appear to be in Mentor Expedition 7.9.4 format.

Many thanks,

Attachments

• 0381556r02.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 105

Elgris Tech - elgris.com can do it. They charge a fee for translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back