Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone identify this resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete16

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone identify the resistor with the grayish / silver band at the end?
Would you say its a 500 Ohm or 825 Ohm?

Klipsch_1_.jpg

Thanks

I meant to say is it 825 or 10.5K?

Grey - red - green - black - brown = 825 Ohms
brown - black - green - red - Grey(or silver?) = 10.5K Ohms

So how do you know what is the correct orientation?

There is a slightly wider gap between the black and brown bands. So the beginning number is opposite end from the wider gap.

That sounds good. I just noticed that the gap is wider.

What do you think about the resister before that one? The gaps look the same to me.
That one looks to be Brown Red Yellow Red Black = 12.4K or Black Red Yellow Red Brown = 2.4K.

Sometimes it's difficult to recognize the marking direction clearly, but you should also look for plausible marking. First ring black ("leading zero") is no valid marking.

Thanks. I agree but for the resistor second from the right there should not be a black band at the end either because there is no tolerance level defined for black. So why is one of the outer bands black then and what is the value of this resistor?

Sometimes it's difficult to recognize the marking direction clearly, but you should also look for plausible marking. First ring black ("leading zero") is no valid marking.

- - - Updated - - -

The end rings are brown rather than black... I'm off.

Reactions: pete16

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

pete16

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks. It was hard for me to tell the actual colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back