Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Translating Allegro to Altium with ALG file - PADSTACKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmesse547

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We're trying to move our footprint library from Allegro 17.2 to Altium. Has anyone done this?

I overcame many hurdles and wrote some macros to massage the .alg file that Allegro extracta creates. All works fine now BUT my remaining problem is we have special paste mask requirements that don't get translated (it is not just expand or contract). In Allegro you can generate different pad definitions for each layer, Altium doesn't do that.

Is there anyone who understands the ALG file or extracta format who can help me troubleshoot some issues? There is a pad within the padstack definition that I need to remap to a different layer other than a pastemask layer. It does not remap properly in Altium using the ALG import function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back