Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Initializing Xilinx BRAM with image pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taki_comp

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to initialize Xilinx BRAM (ROM) with image pixels, any ideas ?

cheers,

Maybe you should read the Xilinx documentation, it states clearly how to initialize the content of a ROM using the block memory generator. Look for PG058.

If I read it and then post the relevant information, it just means next time you won't read the documentation and will keep posting questions clearly answered in the documentation.

You know Xilinx includes a program called Xilinx Documentation Navigator (installed by default), which makes it really really easy to search all their documentation for stuff you may have questions about.

Thank you for your help, but please next time don't lecture me.

My question here: is there anyway to convert an image file into coe file ?

My question here: is there anyway to convert an image file into coe file ?

Yes it is. You have to write a program in your favorite language for converting bitmap into coe file. I did one for png to mif conversion.

Let's say I use matlab, how can I do that ?

I already did the first two steps, for the last step I tried to display the values of the matrix in the command window but I can only display correctly few rows at a time correctly,I was wondering what may cause this problem ?

use .coe file to initialize your memory ROM at startup

Thank you all for you replies, I solved the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back