Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nyquist formula for digital communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ata_sa16

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people,

It would be amazing if some one could help me understanding this ?

NQ.png

Just to let you know, I know Nyquist sampling theory and I know that the sampling frequency should be higher than 2 times max frequency of band in order to avoid ISI.

But I cannot not relate it to BPS ? and what is the relationship with sampling ?

In modulation we have a pulse train (or Sinc train) and we have its spectrum (Rect or Sinc). we do up conversion and move this BW to upper frequencies. What is the sampling issue here I dont get it.

RF.png

Thank you for your valuable time in advance.

Bits Per Second rate is the product of the rate of samples per second and bits per sample.

thank you for reply but those you mentioned are all related to ADC not data transmission part.

rate of samples is basically sample and hold clock.
bits per sample is ADC output bit size.

In communications it is also true that bits/second rate = (symbols/second)*(bits/symbol).

Status
Not open for further replies.