Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETAP Help Needed - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

farabi2017

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to run the load flow study, but instead I'm getting this error.

Error 101-01: [Bus 2] Bus base kV is out of 40% range from bus nominal kV.
Error 722: [XFMR 1] 2W transformer secondary kV is out of 40% range from bus nominal kV.

Here's the screenshot of my project:
08.JPG

I honestly don't know what's wrong, I'm literally doing everything as instructed, but still getting the errors.

Here're the instructions:

Bus 1 is fed by the power grid (ID: Utility) with the rating of Rated kV: 4.16, 3-Phase SR Rating: 500 kVAsc, and 3-Phase X/R: 12.

A heater (ID: HTR 1) with the rating of 50kW and 85% PF (use the calculator of theloading page) is connected to Bus 1. (Hint: heater is a static load).

HTR 1 is protected by the fuse (ID: HTR1_FU): ABB (Manufacturer) & Max kV:4.16 (Use the Library to filter), & Cont. Amp: 8.

Bus 2 is connected to Bus 1 through a cable (ID: CBL 1), a breaker (ID: Bus 2_BKR), and a step-down transformer (XFMR 1).

CBL 1, which is directly connected to Bus 1, is: Freq: 60, Type: CU, kV: 5, #/C: 3, Insul: EPR, Source: KERITE, and Install: Non-Mag (Use the Library), Size: 1/0, Length: 50 ft.
The rating of XFMR 1 connected to the cable is Prim: 4.16 kV, Sec. 0.48 kV, Power Rating: 300 kVA. Use the Typical Z & X/R option at the Impedance page.

Bus 2_BKR, which is feeding Bus 2, is Cutler-Hammer, HMCA, 0.48kV, 800 A (Use the Library at the Rating page). The rating plug of its trip device is 500 Amp.

LT Pickup: 500 Amp & Short-time Pickup: 3500 Amp & St Band: Max (Use the Trip Device page. Deactivate the Ground protection). Keep in mind that each breaker has a Trip Device Unit which acts as the Brain of the breaker.

Update the ID of the bus to Bus 2 if you have not yet done that.

The node between CBL 1 and XFMR 1 has the ID of Node 1.

Bus 2 is feeding a lumped load (ID: LL 1) with the rating of 200 Amp and 85% PF. Update the Load Type so that it is 50% constant kVA and 50% constant Z.

LL 1 is protected by a breaker (ID: LL 1_BKR): Cutler-Hammer, HMCA, 0.48kV, 800 A (Use the Library at the Rating page). The rating plug of its trip device is 500 Amp. LT Pickup: 500 Amp & Short-time Pickup: 5000 Amp & St Band: Max (Use the Trip Device page. Deactivate the Ground protection).

I uninstalled the Etap back so I'll not be able to accurately answer the problem. But the error indicates base limits. Just increase the base limit to 40%, in case it is 500 roll to 700. I hope it works. elseway i hope someone could better answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back