Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I design Automatic Meter Reader using Power line communication modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ignalex

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, My name is Ignatius and I am new to the forum. I am a project student in my country and I really need help. I want to design an automatic meter reader using Power line communication modem. I don't know how to begin this project. please, any help on especially the power line communication system, both the transmitting and recieving end. I don't mind paying for it.

Hi,

I see only vage informations.

Start with a description:
* What is the "transmmiting end"?
* What is the "receiving end"?
* What is between bot of them?
* What data to transfer?
* How often?
* What protocol?
* What hardware? What OS? What application software?

Klaus

Hi,

I see only vage informations.

Start with a description:
* What is the "transmmiting end"?
* What is the "receiving end"?
* What is between bot of them?
* What data to transfer?
* How often?
* What protocol?
* What hardware? What OS? What application software?

Klaus

What I meant is that I need help on how to design a power line modem, both the transmitting modem and receiving server/modem including the computer interface for billing.

Hi,

without informations it´s impossible to help.

Thus I can only recommend to read how usual power line modems work.
There will be special communication ICs with datasheets, application notes and reference circuits. Go through them.
Find out what is important for your project and what is not that important.

Klaus

I'll suggest perusing research papers from IEEE & other Electrical journals. I am sharing an automatic meter reading paper from jee. Link: **broken link removed** This might serve a starting point for yous research. The more deep you'll go through research the fast will go acheive it. Get help from your prof/supervisor as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.