Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Downloading sites for Components footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

dann11

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! Do you know any site where can I download components footprint? thanks.

Hi! Do you know any site where can I download components footprint? thanks.

Yes, it's call a manufacturer's web site. They have all the info on their products.

Don't trust any source except the manufacturer.

Yes, it's call a manufacturer's web site. They have all the info on their products.

Don't trust any source except the manufacturer.

I see. Would you mind if I'll ask you their website?

Hi,

I agree with SLK001.

I see. Would you mind if I'll ask you their website?
What exact device are you talking about? You need to know which type from which manufacturer...

Klaus

Hi,

I agree with SLK001.

What exact device are you talking about? You need to know which type from which manufacturer...

Klaus

You mean, from the components manufacturer website? For example is intersil's microcontroller. Part number is D2-74083-LR.

There are many ways to create footprints nowadays.Some companies ( Linear, Microchip, Texas ect.) use UltraLibrarian and they distribute their footprints being as bxl file and you can convert this file into any format such as Allegro,Mentor Graphics, Eagle etc. It's really nice method.It creates schematic view and footprint simultaneously.PartsQuest also supplies foorprints and schematic views onlinefor mainframe PCB CAD tools.

Sobin spun

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

You mean, from the components manufacturer website? For example is intersil's microcontroller. Part number is D2-74083-LR.
Yes, this should be the way to go. There are other ways, too.

But in this case, the footprint information is not in the datasheet (but Intersil give footprint informations in other datasheets), and additionally there is no reference to a standard package (like JEDEC..).
I´d say this is a task for the Intersil support.

Klaus

Or make your own component footprints based on the component dimensions from the data sheet using the PCB library expert (a version available for free) at pcblibraries dot com.
If you use the manufacturers footprints for everything you may find that you end up with a dozen different extremely similar footprints which could all be covered by the same footprint.

Make sure that downloaded footprints comply with a standard. Either your own standard or IPC-7351.

Your library is the key in your design proces.

IPC-7351 especially if you have limited experience, most PCB designers have limited experience these days, many don't ever get hands on experience actually assembling the boards they design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back