Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] BK Precision 2160 AC signal flickering screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

phn10

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I just bought a used BK Precision 2160 oscilloscope. The scope works fine for DC signal, but when it comes to AC signals (square wave, sinusoidal), the scope's screen is flickering (link to video). Can anyone give me insights what is wrong and how can I fix this?

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMT3iqqSUA4

Does it flicker on low and high sweep speeds? What does the signal look like when connected to the probe calibrator signal?

Hi,

the signal looks very noisy. If it is directely form the function generator, then I assume there is a bad connection or anything else is wrong.

The video is not detailed enough that we can see all the scope setup.
-> here a photo could help.

Klaus

my bad, the problem comes from the function generator. It can only output square wave. The output sinusoidal signal is very small, like uV.
I guess I can close this thread now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back