Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mesh Operations in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hfss Fem solution usually don t need any mesh operation . The adaptive mesh will do the job much quicker than what you ll take to figure out what is the best set up.
if you are beginner , don t play with the mesh ..and if you re experienced probably don t do either.
You can make the simulation faster if you use symmetry for your case, you have 2 symmetry planes : perfect E ( perpendicular to the dipole) and another perfect H ( horizontal plane- if your antenna is horizontal). You ll have to split the geometry and apply the sym boundaries. Probably simulation will be 4 times faster...

Hello dpres .... Thank - You for the reply. I saw that symmetry splitting in FEKO once, but didn´t realize it being valid for HFSS also. I will play around with the symmetry settings as soon I have time, at the moment, I don´t have any.

Best wishes, Sebastian, Germany.

also , go after a recent version of hfss.
first the mesh/solver has significantly speed up.
2nd: you ll get a free antenna design kit for synthesis and design witt a parameterized yagi uda included.

Hello dpres,

I now got a new version of HFSS. HFSS 13 and finally got it running with Windows 10.

There is a ADK included and I already constructed a LPDA and analyzed it.

I invented a new antenna principle and at the moment I am trying to analyse it with HFSS, since EZNEC gave me slightly different results than FEKO.

Thank - You for the tip.

Sebastian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back