Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading ufm of max ii

Status
Not open for further replies.

hareeshP

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
how can i read the .pof file from the ufm of max ii (EPM570GF256) :sad:??

Isn't it possible with Quartus programmer?

Yeah i could read a .pof file from my cyclone iv development board ( using the examine option in quartus software), but it was programmed active serially. Do we have the option to read from ufm?

Don't understand what you are asking exactly. Active serial programming isn't available for MAX II, only JTAG programming. The other option is that UFM can be accessed by your own logic in user mode, using any interface you want, as long as the logic fits the MAX II resources.

Which interface to MAX II is available in your design and what do you want to achieve?

Don't understand what you are asking exactly. Active serial programming isn't available for MAX II, only JTAG programming. The other option is that UFM can be accessed by your own logic in user mode, using any interface you want, as long as the logic fits the MAX II resources.

Which interface to MAX II is available in your design and what do you want to achieve?
i need to access the entire board program stored in the max ii ufm memory.

i need to access the entire board program stored in the max ii ufm memory.

???

MAX II flash is comprised of CFM and UFM. (configuration and user flash). Access through internal logic is only to UFM with MAX II and MAX V, CFM can be accessed only by JTAG interface.

Newer MAX 10 family has internal access also to CFM.

???

MAX II flash is comprised of CFM and UFM. (configuration and user flash). Access through internal logic is only to UFM with MAX II and MAX V, CFM can be accessed only by JTAG interface.

Newer MAX 10 family has internal access also to CFM.
ok. how the ufm is accessed through internal logic?

ok. how the ufm is accessed through internal logic?

By reading the documentation for the MAX II....

don't be lazy do some independant reseach of your own.

Read about maxii_ufm and altufm_parallel ÍP blocks.

i got the .pof file from the ufm, But it has a memory size of 15KB. When i converted the .sof file of my program into .pof through quartus software it shows a memory size of 353KB.
does max ii compress the file inside ufm?

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Don't know what you are talking about. There are no .sof files involved with MAX II programming.

What do you want to achieve?

- - - Updated - - -

Also ufm isn't holding your MAX II "program" or logic configuration. The user flash may be initialized by a *.pof file, either separate or part of an initial cfm+ufm programming file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back