Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gesture sensor selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaybhavsar

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to select gesture sensor having 80cm active range.Please suggest any part number.If not available how can i build my custom gesture sensor(by using IR ,ultrasonic sensors)

Regards,
Akshay Bhavsar.

As usual, one more question without all the pertinent details about the context/application. If the purpose is to be able to identify ANY gesture, there is not as far as I know a gesture sensor, but image processing programs acting on frame pictures that can be obtained even from ordinary video cameras. However, if your goal is something simpler, such as a presence sensor for alarm application, as yourself mentioned, there are several other implementations quite simple mainly based on IR sensor, but in this case the principle of operation is based only on the detection of variation of movement, not on gestural itself.

i want to detect swipe gestures from 80cm range

It is not yet clear the complexity of the movement in question, since you mentioned this expression gesture, which is usually applied in another type of technology, but assuming a purpose so simple how short was your explanation, not knowing if it is for domestic use or industrial use, there are quite inexpensive modules that can be used for this purpose, whether based on IR or Ultrasound sensors. Make a search for Arduino shields.

Its for industrial.I need to sense gestures like vertical,horizontal swipes,near,far hand gestures

It is very easy. Use ordinary camera. It might be an USB webcam. For image processing you have to make your own software for gesture recognition. Other possibility is to use Microsoft Kinect device.

Is it easy to interface with 8 bit controller PIC16F?

No it is not easy. It might be impossible.

I have selected Si1153 sensor.It has proximity range upto 50 cm but gesture detection range in only 15cm.Why this is so?

gesture detection range in only 15cm
Where did you find on datasheet such information ? Are you talking about the range detection of the sensor itself, or along with some external lens ?

More vague information, following the same pattern as from the beginning of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back