Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not able to transfer a character from an array to an another array

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad2005

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Not able to transfer character from a array to an another array

Look at my code. at this line "UART1_Write_Text(UP_STATUS);" I was supposed to get all 6 characters of variable UP_STATUS but it only gives three. probably, codes r not appropriately written for array variables UP_STATUS[3] to UP_STATUS[5]. Can anyone suggest me how can I fix this?

Code:
char UP_STATUS[5];
int DimTime = 123;
char DimTimeTXT[2];

if((uart_string[0] == 'U')&&(uart_string[1] == 'P')) {
      if(PORTA.RA2==1){UP_STATUS[0]='1';} else {UP_STATUS[0]='0';}
      if(PORTA.RA3==1){UP_STATUS[1]='1';} else {UP_STATUS[1]='0';}
      if(PORTA.RA4==1){UP_STATUS[2]='1';} else {UP_STATUS[2]='0';}

IntToStr(Dimtime,DimTimeTXT);
      UP_STATUS[3] = DimTimeTXT[0];
      UP_STATUS[4] = DimTimeTXT[1];
     UP_STATUS[5] = DimTimeTXT[2]; 
      UART1_Write_Text(UP_STATUS); // here I was supposed to get: 000123 [considering PORTA ALL 0] but it only gives: 000 [only first three character.  
      uart_string[0] = "";                                                                                                                          ////Question is where is other three
      uart_string[1] = "";
    }

Re: not able to transfer character from a array to an another array

Hi,

I'm not familiar with "C"... but I try to analyze it anyway

char UP_STATUS[5];
I'm not sure, but I thought this is for 5 bytes, but you use 6 bytes...0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The same is for DimTimeTXT.

int DimTime = 123;
How is "int" defined?
I thought it is a 16 bit integer. Then the IntToStr function should expect 5 (for uint16) or 6 (for int16) bytes wide result string.

Are your variable names case sensitive?
DimTime <--> Dimtime

I think it should be impossible to send only 3 bytes, I rather think it is sending the three ASCII style bytes "000" while the other bytes are non ASCII style and thus are ignored at the receiver (PC?).

A true string has a variable length. Either it is delimited by 0x00, or there is a "length" given with the variable.
How is your byte array treated in this concern? (UART1_write)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back