Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which commutation can achieve more torque?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madbunny1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

when comparing both Field oriented control sensorless commutation and block commutation using hall sensors, In which commutation method we achieve more torque?

Thanks

Hi,

I really don't know.

My assumption.
The torque mainly depends on average current.
But the heating of the copper wires (which limits the coil current) is caused by RMS current.
From this point of view I assume block commutation may give more torque (with respect to the same RMS coil current).

In detail it will depend on motor (commutation loss...) and on driving circuit (switching frequency, overtones, ..)

Klaus

Hi,

From this point of view I assume block commutation may give more torque (with respect to the same RMS coil current).

In detail it will depend on motor (commutation loss...) and on driving circuit (switching frequency, overtones, ..)

Klaus

Hello,

I achieved the more torque in block commutation method only as you assumed. I think you are correct. But i expect some replies from our mates in Forum.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back