Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sub-1GHz modules and comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

geot

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I was looking for a Sub-1GHz module to play with and make a simple IoT application like home automation.
I came accross many modules and terms on the internet, Semtech's LoRa, SigFox and TI's CC1310 are some of those to name a few. All of them with very competitive price.
As I delving into them, I have to admit that I'm a little confused about the comparison of those terms and modules.

First of all I do understand that LoRa is a modulation technique and all those modules are expanding their range throught gateways.
In that point I'd like to know if I can enstablish a two-way communication between two modules without any gateway and if that kind of communication is already compatible with a gateway.

I also read that SigFox is an LPWAN operator but their modules are not so well-known as Semtech's are.

Finally I heard a lot about TI's CC1310 the new chip that came out on the market.
I'm trying to compare TI's CC1310 with Semtech's chip and whole LoRaWAN.
Could TI's chip be competitive in LoRaWAN world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back