Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Link usb port with network port

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian403

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All.

I've used the 433Mhz transmisor-receptors with arduinos and by usb port can be able to send and get information using Qt framework, with QSerialPort. Now I'm thinking to use it and make a 1Km link to share internet data. It's possible with QTcpSocket making a server and a client. Specialy I want to send HTTP data and for that the client's browser must get the information recived in 80 port.

But there is something that I'm missing, a theory stuff. How can I make that the port 80 is linked with the usb? because the arduino connect with the computer by usb. It's hard even to make the question.

For example, when the arduino gets the data, it send to pc by usb port. The qt aplication which it's running get an events (just a simple interruptcion) and with readAll() method it put the data to a buffer. And then? Where I must to write that information? Do you understand what I want to ask? where is the 80 ports?

Thanks and regards.

Learn about ppp protocol that transports tcpip through serial link. Modem network connection uses it.

Well, the RF need a header to sync. in other way it does not works and I have to send 8 bits 10101010 to sync it and then the arduino can read the data because without it arduino read rubish. So, I was thinking that I can make the data link layer.

The preamble is the sync, necesary to sync the RF modules and its made of 10101010 then follow 8 bits of 1s so when I get the 8 1s I know that then follow the data and store it in a arduino buffer, then I send it to usb. all this alredy it's done (but I have to send the message 3 times and I take only one I was thinking that this error that sometimes it can't sync if because it's need a largest words to sync, I'm going to try with 8 bytes of 1010 but this it's other issue). What a want to do know it to put a destination address and a source address because maybe in the future I can use more than two nodes and something like a CRC but I want to use FEC, like hamming or that king of thing. So the arduinos make the data link layer and send it to pc by usb port. And then? where I store the data? I means where the browser goes and look the HTTP data? By the way I can jump from data link layer to transport layer because there won't be router, just one network, so.

With Qt I can use QProcess to make a communication between my aplication an the browser and maybe with it, I can simulate the TCP layer.

Last edited:

You didn't yet describe the complete setup. As far as I understand you want to connect PC to Arduino to serial RF link. What's at the other end of the RF link?

I forget to mention that beside PPP there's the slightly less complex SLIP protocol. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-Point_Protocol

PPP is completely handled by the Windows or Linux network stack, just set up a dial-up connection over a dummy null-modem.

There are two PC, one connected to an ISP and both PC are connected to arduino by USB port. The arduinos has a RF modules which are that ones that has a power of 20 dBm (the Nrf24l01 but I'll use the https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Taiw...22076209.html?spm=a219c.search0304.4.9.4qcVxg ). So with it I want to bring internet to the PC which it isn't connected to an ISP.

But as the arduinos (or can be other microcontroler, I use arduino to test but I make my own board with atmega328p) are connected by usb to PC if the PC which it isn't connected to internet open the browser and put an ip there How can I link the browser with the data get by usb?

For what I did I send and get data in 300 mts at 500kbps but when the PC get this by usb I show it in the screen (Qlabel) and the data it's just ASCII text, so I'm not having problem in the data link layer but as I want to send and get HTTP text which the browser can handle.

As described previously, you want more than just send "HTTP text" through the serial link, rather share a full featured internet connection which e.g. includes the feature to connect to multiple servers, required to display most web pages correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back