Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics bench lighting recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pltom55

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys I have a couple electronics benches that requires lighting and before looking up and buying things I thought I’d make a post maybe someone has some suggestions on good soldering lights.

Thanks,

Tom Lighting.jpg

Hi,

One option, if manageable, could be something like the plug-in white led strips such as those used in aquariums. It could fit under that top shelf, would illumitate the desk area evenly, and wouldn't take up space. Another option is the magnifying lamp type.

For soldering, the best are the small LED table lamps with the goose necks. I find the watch makers magnifying glasses more convenient that the large illuminated lamps. The light should provide good contrast but not produce harsh shadows.

Long LED light under the shelf, near the front.
Also one on a movable goose neck or like the magnifying lights so that you can place it directly over the equipment being worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back