Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART (USB to EEPROM) DATA transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajinkyarp

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to build the board in which data are taken from computer and sent to EEPROM. I searched different websites and found that FTDI FT232 is used for communicating between computer and devices. I have to send data to EEPROM through computer which is of 32bits. How to approach and build the circuit? Also I want to know which software is used to write data on computer which will be sent to COM port and further to EEPROM.

Hi,

Not very informative.
What EEPROM? Inside a microcontroller? External parallel, serial, what interface...?

What does "32 bits" mean.
An EEPROM has data and address. What size?
What amount of data per time?

Do you want to use a microcontroller between FT232 and EEPROM? Which one?
What protocol?

Klaus

The EEPROM is Outside and I am not using any kind of microcontroller. I want to use serial interface. I want to use UART serial protocol.
I have to send 32 bits serially at clock of 5MHz to a data pad of Integrated Circuit (IC) from computer using EEPROM amid. EEPROM can be of 1kb i.e. 24c01 since at a time I have to use only 32bit of EEPROM.

By using FTDI bit bang mode you can handle pins of the USB/Serial converter in such a manner that you can implement a two wire protocol, assuming that you are refererring to some SPI or I2C EEPROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back