Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

substrate stackup in ADS software

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovi_30

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I am trying to create a substrate stackup in ADS for a 65nm technology. In the stackup I have to map a conducting material layer which passes through 3 layers of different dielectric constants. But the ADS tool does not allow the mapping of same conductor in different layers. Do you have any idea how can I solve this? sub.png

The easiest solution is to "stretch" one end of the via with the mouse, so that it goes through multiple dielectrics.
via_multiple_layer.PNG

Another approach is to use "derived layers" to create clones of your via
qthelp://ads.2016.01/doc/usrguide/Adding_Derived_Layers.html
and map these new via layers separately.

The problem is that I can not make the width of the conductor bigger than the width the dielectris. For example if Conductor is 900nm wide, and Dielectric-2 is 700nm wide, I can not make Conducter's width bigger than or equal to 700nm. That is why In the next dielectric layer I have to map the same conductor to achieve a 900nm width. But this is not allowed by the ADS software. Any idea how I can do this?

Any idea how I can do this?

You just need to split your bottom dielectric (dielectric4 in first post) into two pieces, so that you have a 200nm dielectric segment. Then, define the via to pass through dielectric2, dielectric3 and that new 200nm dielectric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back