Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What method to use for translating the address in a memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfkin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
memory manage.

Hi, Dear all,
I issue a challenging topic that is about memory manage.
It is known, the memory manage has 2 primary method--paging and segment. Their primary elements are very clear. In general, the paging is popular.
In the new situation, some new architecture have very large address space. Ok, my question is what method will be power to translate the address.
the general method is multi-level page table. For the large address space, It must do more translations, the efficiency will be more poor.
For to avoid this issue, the hash paging appeared. Its dfficiency is very good. But, the table is not flexable. In some case, the table need be extend, it will difficult.
Yod'd better show it If you know the better method, please!
Regards,
Wolfkin

Re: memory manage.

hi,
u may get useful data for your topic at
**broken link removed**

Re: memory manage.

Thanks!
My question is what method can improve the translation performance for the large address space.
The basic principle is multi-level page table, so, the efficiency will be poor. We'd better improve it.
Regards,
Wolfkin

Status
Not open for further replies.