Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Editing a schematic in PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
We have a pdf schematic which we need to add modifications to...ie extra components which are needed in the circuit. How do we do this may i ask? (and yet keep it as a pdf )

Well Adobe Systems has Acrobat, which is for editing PDF documents. But there is no way your going to create new gerber files from a PDF.

I'm also going to guess the schematic image is probably in some non-editable form in the PDF that Acrobat can't do anything with, other than say scale.

Thanks, we dont need to create new gerbers...its just a diagram to show a record of the modifications needed.
Please advise if acrobat is free? i saw "adobe acrobat DC" bit it costs money. We just need to draw some resistors and capacitors onto the pdf....and keep it as a pdf.

The free version Reader does not have any PDF editing capability.

There are a few other PDF editors (but I think they all cost money), I'm also not sure if any of them are good or not.

if you have a macos machine, then graphicconverter is the way to go
https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/download/

it will import the pdf, allow you to edit it (in a pixel way) then save it again as pdf or jpeg or other formats.
on windows or linux, may be inkscape or gimp will let you do the job. they are both free.

In general PDF's are not intended to be edited, although some editors allows some simple operations (usually text). I'm not sure you'll be able to edit schematic that way. But you can export pdf to png (jpeg is not the best due to losses), edit your schematic with graphical editor (gimp or similar) and export it back to pdf.
I can suggest you a PDFCreator as a free converter. But you can also find other software.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can certainly do the job but maybe costs you some time (and is not free) in order to make every line fit into the neighboring line so that you can go unnoticed that the schematic was edited.

Microsoft word(2013) , inkscape , libreoffice are few packages that can open pdf and edit the contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back