Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] what is IoT meaning, please explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderboympm

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I heard and read about this topic of IoT. Actually what is this iot. Is it an embedded device with internet capability. Please answer me.

Any object that can be controlled, surveillance via internet through a website or through android application is IoT. However you can take an example, suppose you want to make an automatic door. you can use remote control(i.e.,IR sensing), but if you set the controller coupled with the GPRS or WiFi module and make the control signal through Android Mobile or website then it is internet of thing. here the door is "thing" and controlling it via internet

It isn't a device, it's a philosophy. It just means something that can be read, written to or controlled over the Internet. It can be embedded but doesn't have to be.

Brian.

In simple terms, it’s the networking of devices and objects used daily, connected via the internet and managed in clusters, with a software. The objects allocated with unique identifiers that can communicate over the network. It’s a belief that networking of daily objects and devices to allow then to receive and send data is not only the next big thing but the biggest enhancement in the world of Internet since its start.

Read more : The Rise Of IoT

The IoT refers to the connection of devices (other than typical fare such as computers and smartphones) to the Internet. Cars, kitchen appliances, and even heart monitors can all be connected through the IoT. And as the Internet of Things grows in the next few years, more devices will join that list.
you can better do more google on it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back