Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote camera system in other city

Status
Not open for further replies.

deniz88

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i would like to put a camera for a security in a place in different city. Which steps do i need to do?
(i have knowledge and a bit experience in C and embedded Linux)

do i need to supply a normal house internet to watch over camera, or is there any other services for such porpuses, preferably cheaper than house internet?

Thank you
best regards

There are some development kits based on the popular ARM Cortex-A8, as well some nice turorials on the Web covering this subject. For the Beaglebone for example, there is this nice video explaining in details how to capture pictures with the OpenCV library. Concerning to the internet services, the cost will likely vary from case to case, but it seems to me that a mobile-based solution could be more expensive for a system that needs to operate permanently online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back