Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required for PicoBlaze UART project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fungineer

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I am looking for someone who has a good working knowledge of PicoBlaze based UART interface for serial data transmission from FPGA to PC. Sounds simple, but the project involves some complex functionality for which a handsome remuneration would be offered.

Anyone interested please PM me to discuss details.

Cheers,

And according to your PM (which is a violation of forum rules). You want to transfer up to 4 GB or 32 Gbits.

As PCs are only capable of handing 115200 bps (according to the wiki page PCs can handle 128,000bps, never tried this) and that includes the 8-bits, start, and stop bits (80% of bits are data)...you'll take 32,000,000,000/(115200*10/8) = 347,222 seconds to transfer the data or approximately 96.5 hrs.

I don't think you have a clue what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.