Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placement of the shielding material to the wireless power systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All, I have a 13.56MHZ wireless power transfer system. In this system, there is also the data link operating at the other frequency.
I was trying to use the flexible shielding material to minimize the noise coupling from the power coil to data coil. However, if I use the material to cover the power Rx coil, it will block the power transfer from Power Tx coil, and there is no power supply of the board.

I am using the co-plane structure for the Rx coils. The picture is shown here.
shield.jpg
The flexible shielding material (for 13.56MHz shield) comes from here https://katalog.we-online.de/en/pbs/WE-FSFS . Would anyone teach me where should I place the material? Thank you very much!

you want to set it up something like this I believe
shield.jpg

Also make sure you tune your system with the shielding in the way, it will alter your coil L and Q.

Reactions: bhl777

bhl777

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back