Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NCSIM Simulation ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthu7495

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am getting error in ncsim while sourcing the .sh file.

ncsim: *F,NOSNAP: Snapshot 'work.ed_sim:module' does not exist in the libraries.

Is anyone help me ? pls

You are giving us no details. My guess is your setup is wrong, for sure, as the snapshot cannot be found.

Hi,
Thanks for reply,I am new to NCSIM.I am simulating Quartus generated External memory interface example design.
In that i am using ncsim_setup.sh file for simulation.
Compilation and Elaboration done properly.In Simulation phase i am getting error.

ERROR--- ncsim: *F,NOSNAP: Snapshot 'work.ed_sim:module' does not exist in the libraries.

what are the possible mistakes in setup for this error
can u pls give some inform about this error to solve ?

the error here is that you are using a script that you did not write, I assume. It is clearly pointing to something that doesn't exist.

My working folder contains ncsim_setup.sh,hdl.var,cds_lib files.Snapshot is not found means what?

Simulation commands in the script:
if [ $SKIP_SIM -eq 0 ];
then
eval ncsim -licqueue $SIM_OPTIONS $USER_DEFINED_SIM_OPTIONS $TOP_LEVEL_NAME
eval ncsim work.ed_sim:module +avery_new_sparse +AMEM_SPEED_BIN=AMEM_DDR4_1600L +amem_clk_period=1250 +AMEM_CL=12 +AMEM_CWL=9 -licqueue $SIM_OPTIONS $USER_DEFINED_SIM_OPTIONS -logfile run.log -loadpli1 $AVERY_PLI:wizard_bootstrap +licq
fi

Look, if you don't know how to use the simulator, don't try to be fancy. Just use irun on your design files. Snapshot is a compiled version of a design from which you can resume simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back