Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unable to solve the congestion - design route failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraGreen

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Xilinx fpga ultrascale vivado 2016.2

The design is utilizing 80% of the device and earlier it used to route with =synthesis stratagy - flow alternate routability & congestoion spread logic high for implementation

now I had to create a small 4 bit counter in the top module and the design is not routing.
I tried multiple times and the result is same ( although the set up , hold and no. of overlap nodes does change with every run. )

I cannot reduce the logic anymore, please suggest some way to get a clean bitfile.

Thanks

Have you tried playing with your constraints? Tried all the different synthesis and par strategies? What's your speed?

Hi Barry,

The speed is 20 MHz
I have some Multicycle path constraints. Do you mean area constraints? I havn't put any area constraints.
Will try all synthesis and par strategies . Thanks.

20mhz? And you're struggling to route in an ultras ale? This suggests you have done really long and large combinatorial paths. It sounds like you really need to pipeline your design.

@Tricky,
I Agree, loo much combinatorial, as the rtl was meant for ASIC . cant do much on that front. I mean cant pipeline.
Also the device utilization has gone up to 82% on this Stacked silicon device

Have you many wide/long buses within the design? If it is only 20MHz maybe you can replace a parallel bus with a serial one? I haven't had to resort to this in my designs (yet), but this general concept may be of some use:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back