Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oversampling clock and data recovery for SerDes communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_an

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends, I am newbie to hardware design. I have a task to design a burst mode CDR. Typically it should have very fast frequency acquisition time.
In my system, I have a 8 phase clock input. I am sampling my data with this clock. Now I am searching for an algorithm to detect the phase at the mid point of the data (thereby locks in no time). I think I should need a phase selector which is driven by this algorithm.
There are papers in the web related to the topic. But being new to this field some tips and examples would be very helpful.

Here are some updates.. Typically one needs an odd phase clock for this task if you aim for all digital design. An oversampling CDR would be a good option. Among the oversampling algorithms available, the one which has no FIFO is more hardware efficient and fast. However the design is bit more challenging. Still I could not ***** the algo. Especially how to realize it in hardware. In case you have some input, you are most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back