Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA Prototyping of ZSP DSP 900

Status
Not open for further replies.

velu.plg

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have plan to use DSP 900 in my design. Am new to DSP 900 processor. I am going to use the virtex7 FPGA (XC7V2000t) processor for my implementation process. So, please give a reference document or suggestion/idea for prototyping DSP 900 in the FPGA device.

I have plan to use DSP 900 in my design. Am new to DSP 900 processor. I am going to use the virtex7 FPGA (XC7V2000t) processor for my implementation process.
And now you are back to thinking FPGAs are processors!? FYI they are not processors. Besides that the only DSP 900 that shows up on Google results for the first few pages is a rack mounted piece of equipment. Really silly of you to just put some random processor name with no supporting information like a manufacturer. Of course this is standard operating procedure for your questions. You really need to read this to improve how you ask your questions.

velu.plg said:
So, please give a reference document or suggestion/idea for prototyping DSP 900 in the FPGA device.
Once again with the demands (give). You really need to learn how to ask nicely (the please at the beginning doesn't make this a nice request). Here is a suggestion for a search that may yield some helpful information.

If you got the RTL for the DSP 900 then just go through it and see if it has any library primitives you will have to port to the FPGA libraries. Other than that if the IP is pure RTL then add all the files to the project and synthesize/implement it.

1. Really silly of you to just put some random processor name with no supporting information like a manufacturer 2 .If you got the RTL for the DSP 900 then just go through it and see if it has any library primitives you will have to port to the FPGA libraries. Other than that if the IP is pure RTL then add all the files to the project and synthesize/implement it.

1. Sure! i post this question here for people who are experienced in the DSP 900 processor because they can able to provide the better ideas for my DSP 900 startup.

2. DSP 900 processor have any dependency with FPGA's ?? Exactly i want this information. If u have experience with DSP 900 processor give an ideas.

1. Sure! i post this question here for people who are experienced in the DSP 900 processor because they can able to provide the better ideas for my DSP 900 startup.
You expect an expert in a some obscure processor that you don't even supply the vendor information for? Then you basically tell me to get lost because you only want an experienced DSP 900 user to answer. I was willing to at least look over the datasheet (which I couldn't find as there is no information no who makes the DSP 900 processor) and give an answer based on decades of engineering experience. But hey, I'll just defer to that imaginary DSP 900 expert that will just jump into this thread and tell you everything you need to know about that processor. :thumbsup:

2. DSP 900 processor have any dependency with FPGA's ?? Exactly i want this information. If u have experience with DSP 900 processor give an ideas.
I highly doubt there is anyone that has any experience with this processor. I would bet large sums of money that this processor has perhaps 10 experts worldwide and that none of them ever visit edaboard. Heck someone asks about a Xilinx IP core and many times nobody answers a question about that core. I've seen questions about the Xiilinx Ethernet MAC core not getting answered.

FYI there are only 500,000+ members on edaboard, of those only 30-40 answer questions regularly and the rest are a) students that only ask questions, b) accounts that are not even used anymore, c) advertisers, or d) lurkers. What do you think the chances of those 30-40 members being one of those 10 (theoretical) experts of this obscure processor?

Curious to find out what the DSP 900 is, I just stumbled on the thread in another forum , where Mr Velu got busted for his similar vague question: **broken link removed**

I also remember his confusing question related to "Cortex A5 processor and FPGA" sometime last year.
Take a break from this thread ads-ee! :)

Curious to find out what the DSP 900 is, I just stumbled on the thread in another forum , where Mr Velu got busted for his similar vague question: **broken link removed**

I also remember his confusing question related to "Cortex A5 processor and FPGA" sometime last year.
Take a break from this thread ads-ee! :)

Yeah, I know, I should just ignore them, but hope runs eternal. I keep thinking if I try to get them to ask good questions with all the relevant information that will allow someone to assist them that they might improve their questions. I guess some people are just hopelessly clueless :-(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back