Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Importing MATLAB Functions to ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanen88

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI;
I need to import a model of function from MATLAB to ADS. Knowing tha i select Tools > Import System Model > MATLAB Function but i discover that this bottom of matlab function is disabled what can i do to makeke this bottom operate.I use the version of ADS 2009.(also P2D does'nt work). I'm so gratefull if you helpe me.

Describe what you want to do correctly.

You can use M-file only in Ptolemy of ADS.

You can not import block of Simulink to any domain(AnalogRF and Ptolemy) of ADS.

I use the version of ADS 2009.(also P2D does'nt work).
What do you mean ?

P2D is a data format of Keysight-EEsof Proprietary.
You can use P2D in ADS AnalogRF Domain not in Ptolemy.

You can use P2D in RF Blockset in Mathworks Simulink.

Last edited:

I need to import model from SIMULINK in MATLAB to ADS. Also when i try to select Tools---> Export ADS Plotemy it doesn't work it appears as a bottom but it is disabled i can't select it. What can i do, if you give me the clear direction to export file SIMULINK to ADS. Conserning the P2D, i don't have access of the simulation LSSP which appears in ADS, however when i'm searching the matter, i found that i shoud enter a licence to make it operational. If you can helpe me to solve the two matters i'm so gratefull.

Also when i try to select Tools---> Export ADS Plotemy it doesn't work it appears as a bottom but it is disabled i can't select it.
I can not understand what you want to mean at all.

Describe correctly using corect terminologies.

And I think its export is for GoldenGate simulator.

What can i do, if you give me the clear direction to export file SIMULINK to ADS.
Surely read my append.
You can not import simulink model to any domain of ADS.

If your simulink model is a M-file-S-function, you might be able to use it in Ptolemy domain as M-file block.

If your simulink model is a C-MEX-S-function, you might be able to use it in Ptolemy domain as System-C model.

Conserning the P2D, i don't have access of the simulation LSSP which appears in ADS,
P2D does not require any license.
Simply you have no license for HB Analysis ?

however when i'm searching the matter,
i found that i shoud enter a licence to make it operational.
I can not understand what you want to mean at all.

Describe correctly using corect terminologies.

If you can helpe me to solve the two matters i'm so gratefull.
Before posting questions, you have to understand ADS.

You have to understand two domains of ADS, AnalogRF and Ptolemy.

You have to understand ADS AnalogRF can not treat M-file of MATLAB.

ADS Ptolemy can treat only M-file.

Any domain of ADS can not treat Simulink-Model.

LSSP is no more than HB-Analysis.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back