Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USSD code to check Balance (AT+UCSD) in GSM/GPRS A6 module

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasem_008

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

how get sim card balance by gsm/gprs A6 module?

I used the following AT, but does not work and result in unreadable characters or numeric code.

note : my sim card language is English.

I used all four AT+CSCS that is supported by A6.but I can not get +CUSD: "English-message".
why?

AT commands:

Code:
AT+CMGF=1 AND/OR 0

AT+CSCS="GSM" AND/OR ["UCS2 - "GSM" - "PCCP936"]

AT+CUSD=1,"*140*11#",15
WHERE : *140*11# is our request code

Another AT commands such as (AT,AT+CMGF,AT+CSQ and ...) works perfectly.

please clarify me...

Are you your sure that the message code is correct for the respective mobile phone provider? Each provider has it's own unsolicited message codes, e.g. for balance check.

Are you your sure that the message code is correct for the respective mobile phone provider? Each provider has it's own unsolicited message codes, e.g. for balance check.

Yes,I'm sure. when I use this code (*140*11#) in the mobile phone,I will receive correct answer.
But I don't know that why answer by the module is incorrect.

I hope to see a solution or clue from someone:)

I didn't notice the "unreadable characters" point. Problem is that some providers answer with an alphabet that enforces PDU mode. I remember that I needed to implement a PDU decoder to receive CUSD responses in a SMS application. Not sure if it might help to change the default alphabet.

I didn't notice the "unreadable characters" point. Problem is that some providers answer with an alphabet that enforces PDU mode. I remember that I needed to implement a PDU decoder to receive CUSD responses in a SMS application. Not sure if it might help to change the default alphabet.

When I set the AT+CSCS="HEX" and then used from AT+CUSD=1,"*140*11#",15, received following answer:
Untitled111.png

How can I convert it to a readable message?

note :
I don't have any problem with send or receive sms via this module. only problem is this ussd to check the balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.