Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhanwaaa

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,
I have RHEL 6.2 and IC 6.16.I am facing difficulties in installing this software.When executing ./iscape.sh in terminal to load iscape.04.21-P00 I see this error
"The installed InstallScape is not for the LNX86 Platform.
Please Use the InstallScape for LNX86 Platform.
Exiting ..."

I am looking for this on web for many days but no satisfactory solution.Even another similar thread on edaboard has not got any satisfactory response.

Please,if possible give me details of installation steps.This thing called installscape not launching.And moreover there are other complication like Base and update.Then there is thing like hotfix.How to open .sdl file.I am so confused?
Plz Plz Help me!!! May God Bless You!!!

Please look into the Cadence Virtuoso docu where they would have a section on recommended installation environment.

Not at useful.No need to reply just for the sake of replying.If datasheets are there then why do we have this forum?Datasheets explain everything,don't they?You need to be more specific.

Not at useful.
It varies from case to case, so for your case it might be true (assuming you have studied and understood the recommended installation procedure).

No need to reply just for the sake of replying.
You have been here only for 9 months. I have seen numerous cases where little fundamental aspects are ignored that could have solved the problem. My reply is based on my experience here!

If datasheets are there then why do we have this forum?
Very very wrong idea!
Datasheets are never ever, ever ever meant to replace anything. They SHOULD be your 1st stop for any type of info. Companies don't simply spend 1000's of dollars just for docu.

Datasheets explain everything,don't they?
They try to explain everything as much as possible. If still not clear, Cadence Forum is there.

You need to be more specific.
The bigger question is whether you have studied, understood and followed the recommended installation procedure in details.

Last edited:

Hello Guys,
I have RHEL 6.2 and IC 6.16.I am facing difficulties in installing this software.When executing ./iscape.sh in terminal to load iscape.04.21-P00 I see this error
"The installed InstallScape is not for the LNX86 Platform.
Please Use the InstallScape for LNX86 Platform.
Exiting ..."

I am looking for this on web for many days but no satisfactory solution.Even another similar thread on edaboard has not got any satisfactory response.

Please,if possible give me details of installation steps.This thing called installscape not launching.And moreover there are other complication like Base and update.Then there is thing like hotfix.How to open .sdl file.I am so confused?
Plz Plz Help me!!! May God Bless You!!!

this happens all the time. you either need the right platform, or scripting that will make your platform look closer to what cadence wants. you need to read the documentation buddy. no way around it.

If some wanted libraries are missing, Iscape cannot be ran..

Status
Not open for further replies.