Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Conversion Efficiency of a Passive Rectifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poachedpig

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem with getting the power efficiency of my passive rectifier.

It is mainly on the input side, how do you get an efficiency out of an RF input?

I tried to use the formula found in this already closed thread: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/260495/

I am confused if it is applicable to my circuit. And does it apply to Output power too? I tried using same the formula but the result is much different from the expected output.

Whenever I increase the value of my RLoad, the PCE seems to decrease exponentially. I am using RF input of 0.250 Vpeak with 2.4G frequency.

I hope someone can help me with this, I've been stuck with this problem for weeks now :(

Power efficiency of the lineup is (duh) Pout (@ load)
over Pin (@ source). How you'd partition this between
one component and the rest, is a question. Probably
you ought to be looking at individual losses rather than
efficiency.

Power efficiency of the lineup is (duh) Pout (@ load)
over Pin (@ source). How you'd partition this between
one component and the rest, is a question. Probably
you ought to be looking at individual losses rather than
efficiency.

I do understand that Efficiency is Pout/Pin. My main concern is the input power, I don't really have an idea how to directly measure ac power at the source. So I ended up using this formula.

t=tperiod
∫((vplus(t)-|vminus(t)|)*(iplus(t)-|iminus(t)|)*dt) / tperiod
t=0

Transient of input voltage and current over tperiod. But I'm not really sure if this is accurate enough.

Hi,

The current of the rectifier input is the same, but in opposite direction, therefore:

t=tperiod
∫((vplus(t)-vminus(t))*(iplus(t))*dt) / tperiod
t=0

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back