Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arabic Language LED MATRIX Dot matrix display using ARDUINO or PIC or AT89S51

Status
Not open for further replies.

easy electronics

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Programmers.
i want to make Arabic Language led matrix display .
And i have no idea where to start .
I have made English Led matrix display.
11861-04.jpg
download (1).jpg

With no code, no chance to get effective help.
Anyway, as a general advice, the obvious recommendation is to change the character map.

Guess you'll start with defining a character generator matrix and determine how many rows and columns are required, variable character width?

Do you mean "save all sentence in memory map " and just scroll it?

Do you mean "save all sentence in memory map " and just scroll it?

Not the sencence, but the alphabet bitmap. The standard strategy is to program the code in different functional layers: In short, one to define the character (in general, in static memory), other to scan each character, and another to scan the whole phrase.

I have made English Led matrix display.

Anyway, if you have already done that, I was expecting you show your code to ask what should have to do.

May be the problem itself is that arabic letters consist of different symbols means something. In this case it is impossible to save single character for each letter. So, there are two ways how to solve it - build some sort of character contructiong engine wich will combine symbols to letters or simple store the whole word as a sprite and reproduce it on screen at needed position. Anyway, I don't see any problems to stop me to solve this task both ways. May be autor just need more practice first?

Status
Not open for further replies.