Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suitable 3.3V voltage regulator(charge pump) for Lipo battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny101

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to regulate the voltage at 3.3V and my input voltage range is from 2.8V to 4.2V. Output current is 30mA. I am selecting MCP1252-33X50I/MS for this purpose. Is this appropriate charge pump for my specification? And I have not seen it's circuit except in datasheet. So anyone who have experience using it? your help would be appreciated.

Datasheet for MCP1252
**broken link removed**

Hi,

I just had a quick view at the datasheet.
The device seems to be suitable.

Now just follow the instructions given in the datasheet.
You usually don't need additional infirmation.

What else do you need?

Klaus

I am concerned about the the frequency here. Is there any internal oscillator? What is the role of the frequency here? And lastly what about the dropout voltage?

Hi,

read about charge pump. For sure they need a frequency and hence they need an oscillator.

Yes, what about the dropout voltage? What do you want to know about "dropout voltage"?

I´m not sure what you need to know, therefore some short basics:
* If the input voltage is higher than the output voltage then an LDO (without charge pump) is sufficient.
* if the input voltage is less than the output voltage then you need the charge pump (maybe followed by an LDO).

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back