Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion: Low Power Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_mad

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My suggestion is to add new section under "Digital Design & Embedded Programming" called Low Power Design and Verification

This new section will also cover power management and power strategy.
It will be an interesting topic to discuss.

Thanks n regards,
No_mad

I see that all suggestions are quite welcome to administrators, and occasionally there are discussions regarding to the forum structure, however, besides the inclusion of additional sections, it has also been considered removing other sections ( more specifically, the fusion thereof ) due to the fact that some subjects may be fitted within one or more sections. It is also considered how much the section would be daily visited. Anyway, in regard to your suggestion, I would recommend you give more details, such as providing links that covers this subject so that they could better assess this matter.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Actually, I don't have any links or specific forum to provide to EDAboard other than vendor tools forum. But this vendor forum specific to their tool.

Honestly, this website has helped me to build my career in ASIC design and still does.

Last year, I took up another challenge in my career...low power design and verification with UPF. So, I'm looking for a forum or a group to discuss and ask questions. In EDAboard, I can find few threads discussed on low power or UPF in ASIC design section but first I need to search for it.

So, I was hoping that EDAboard will have a separate section for low power or anything related to power management, strategy and architecture.

Thanks

In fact, here there are 2 sections dedicated to ASIC designs, one for analog and other for digital. However, as you self pointed out, there are few threads related to this specific matter you mentioned, therefore I believe that at least for now, it do not justify the creatation of another section for that. There are other subjects more frequently covered on Edaboard which has not yet its own sections ( e.g Android, Arduino, etc... ). Another point is that the creation of sections in a lower level ( sub sections ) is not an idea, let's say, well accepted, since it tends to hide and difficult access. Anyway, the ultimate decision belongs to administrators; and as said, all suggestions are quite welcome to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back