Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding Specific on Resistance of Power MOSFET in Silvaco Athena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olujide

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can you derive the specific on resistance (Rds(on)) in a power MOSFET using Silvaco Athena tool.

I have never heard of Silv....., is it simulation software?
I simply look at the on resistance on the datasheet and calculate how much it increases when the Mosfet gets warm.

I have never heard of Silv....., is it simulation software?
I simply look at the on resistance on the datasheet and calculate how much it increases when the Mosfet gets warm.
Silvaco Atlas and Athena are modern tools for simulation and experiment of semi-conductor devices.

The simulation models of semiconductor devices usually only show "typical" spec's but when you buy the devices some will have minimum or maximum spec's that the simulation program does not know.
Then the simulation will wrongly show that your design will work. During your design you must look at the minimum and maximum spec's for the devices on their datasheet and figure out what to do so that all of the circuits work. Or buy millions of devices, test their spec's and build only with devices that have typical spec's.

Reactions: CataM

CataM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
During your design you must look at the minimum and maximum spec's for the devices on their datasheet and figure out what to do so that all of the circuits work.

That is exactly what my teacher says every day when he speaks about datasheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.