Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RJ45 Modbus cable to D9 connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boardwalk

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi people,

I have a stripped RJ45 cable to whom i need know how to make the wire connection in a D9 connector, in order to match the pinout of a MPI-Bus adapter.

How should i connect the wires from the RJ45 cable to the D9 connector?

Thank you in advance,

Boardwalk

d9 connector.png

mpi-bus adapter.png

pinou adapter.png

rj45 cable.png

Are you certain you need all wires connected? Can you get by with 2 wires sending data? (Ground & Tx)

Or 3 wires forming a null modem? (Ground, Tx, Rx) It doesn't give you the handshaking, but it's easy.

If you need functions on all wires, then you must identify the purpose of all pins coming from your two devices. You must match them one-to-one. It may not be an easy taske. The manufacturers do not always give sufficient information to make it easy.

Here are some pinouts found via internet search. I'll bet they're all different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back