Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Vivado timing constraint

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i am working with Vivado and so far i am only familiar with writing a verilog code and its test bench and verifying its behavioral functionality. I am trying to learn about timing analysis and theoretically i am familiar with concepts of static timing analysis of setup and hold violations. I would like to check this with my design. I don't have a kit and some sites i found that we need to have the pins assigned to have a XDC file. I have no clue. Is der any way to do timing analysis? Setup time is when the input data is stable before the clk signal. So can i manually change when i want my input signal to be high. Do i mention it in the test bench or how??? Other than like design and simulation can anyone also pls mention what are the other important aspects to be learnt in digital design. Like i read something about placement too. If anyone can kindly let me know the steps for timing analysis would be really helpful!!!! Thank you!!! :)

I am trying for a simple D-flipflop. I would like to introduce delays and observe the timing analysis like the image i have attached. Got it from one of the materials i was reading. Can anyone pls help me with the steps to achieve this.. vivado.png
Thank you!!!

Is der any way to do timing analysis?
Setup time is when the input data is stable before the clk signal. So can i manually change when i want my input signal to be high. Do i mention it in the test bench or how???
I didn't read #1 in full details, as guidelines....
All timing constraints have to be specified in the XDC. You can do a post synthesis simulation and see how the specified delay constraints affects the related signals (Vivado synth will add I/O buffers and they will introduce more delays). Remember that since you have ns delays, your simulation time precision should be in ps for proper viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.