Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any software to visualize the synthesized hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

garvind25

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there any tool to 'see' what the synthesized hardware of a hdl code will look like. For eg. if I write a behavioral code then the tool will show me the block diagram of it with input and output ports or the gate level implementation of it. I am new in the business of hdls coding.

Thanks,
Arvind Gupta.

Yes - all the synthesis tools have netlist viewers

eg. In quartus go tool -> netlist viewers ->

Just to remind that manufacturer's tools are in general designed to provide a view of the circuit fitted within the cells of the target device where the project is supposed to run, so that the final appearance of the circuit drew may not be as intelligible as you expect.

And the xilinx equivalent of the command pls. Thanks.
In Vivado in the Flow Navigator under "RTL Analysis -> Open Elaborated Design -> Schematic " if you want the RTL schematic
and under "Synthesis -> Open Synthesized Design -> Schematic" if you want the synthesized schematic with the primitives used.

In ISE Under the Design tab in the Processes section "Synthesis -XST -> View RTL Schematic" for RTL and "Synthesis - XST -> View Technology Schmatic" for the primitives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back