Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pixels in the same image are correlated but how can I visualize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aslams

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new in image processing.I know that pixels in the same image are correlated with each other but I don't know how can I draw the relationship b/w these pixels in the form of graph?.

It’s not too clear what exactly do you want to achieve, but the most common use of image correlation is to detect a reference image pattern within another picture, much larger. This results in an image with the graphical distribution of the regions where the reference pattern is likely to resemble. The higher gradient, the most similar.

It’s not too clear what exactly do you want to achieve, but the most common use of image correlation is to detect a reference image pattern within another picture, much larger. This results in an image with the graphical distribution of the regions where the reference pattern is likely to resemble. The higher gradient, the most similar.

I dont want to achieve any thing I just want to see the correlation effect b/w pixel of same image visually.Do you know any formula through which I can do this

I’m unaware of the use of cross correlation among pixels of the same image, but image processing is a vast knowledge area and there could have some application for that. In regard to the graph, it is made by plotting the data of both pictures of interest along two axes, and checking for dispersion of pixels that are at the same cartesian coordinate. In having a high correlation on 2 original pictures, this graph shows a linear function; a weak correlation however shows a strong dispersion on plotted points. For an algebraic approach, there are many techniques to compute parametricaly the correlation rate, but the suited one will depend mainly on the size and resolution of the data being calculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back